Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Not So Traditional Thanksgiving...


Since we took advantage of the 4-day weekend to traverse the "Eastern Block" (Vienna, Bratislava, & Prague), today was finally Thanksgiving Day at our house! It took many trips to the Base Commissary as they were seemingly out of this or that each time I went, but with all the ingredients finally on hand, I was ready to make us a feast.


I have never been so appreciative of my double oven, which of course resides in our house in Phoenix. I truly know what it means to literally cook all day long now. Trying to make a feast in the world's smallest oven requires patience and strategic timing as I could only make one thing at a time.

We had all the fixings: turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, green bean caserole, pumpkin pie, and a bottle of wine from the vineyard down the road. It was delicious and I am grateful for my wonderful husband and the great opportunities we have to travel. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment