Sunday, December 6, 2009

Playing in the snow at Piancavallo


With a good amount of snow on Piancavallo, we headed up on a Sunday to try out my new cross country skis, an early Christmas present. Tim had been up to the mountain a couple times and no one had been around, so we brought Emma with us. The parking lot was packed and the cross country ski area was in full swing when we arrived. We took Emma off and ran around in the snow with her for a bit. She loves trying to catch snowballs!


With the pup tired out, I strapped on a pair of skis for the first time and tried to get the hang of push/glide in the cross country practice area. Tim convinced me to try out a shorter trail that loops around. We started out by going down a small hill. I somehow made it down the hill without falling but that was not at all the case as we continued on. I also didn't master the art of going uphill either. I would find myself shooting backwards down the hill. But we eventually did make it back to the car. I'll give it a shot on another day.


No comments:

Post a Comment