Saturday, October 31, 2009

Country Livin'

Our house is sort of in an odd location - odd as in I don't know quite how to describe it. We are on a very busy main route yet behind our house are fields. It's rural yet not at the same time. We have quite the variety of insects, I have seen mice running up the fig tree to eat figs, and an odd creature I had identified as a hedgehog.

I was really excited to see one because hedgehogs are only found in parts of Europe, Asia, Africa, and New Zealand. They are primarily nocturnal and like to forage for earthworms after a rain storm.

Tim finally got to see the infamous hedgehog tonight. Emma was stalking something in the yard and he went out to investigate. Yelling for me to come quick, I went out to see the little guy was back in our yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment